Below you will find the Encore Resort furniture specifications. The furniture pieces that you and your designer select will need to meet the below minimum standards:
Upholstery Furniture: (Sofa, Loveseats, Club Chairs, and Sectionals)
- Frame Construction – Kiln dried layered hardwood, reinforced plywood, and veneers. Doweled with locking joints in corners and frame support, screwed and power-stapled. Uni-body frame construction.
- Seating System – No-sag sinuous coils or webbing seating system. Additional support on edges to reinforce seating surface. Clips can be metal, or plastic/Teflon coated to prevent movement. 8-way hand-tied is acceptable.
- Seat Cushions (Seat Core) – 1.8 pounds per cubic foot high density seat cushions or greater. Core Foam should be wrapped with plush non-allergic fiber band, Dacron, or soft foam band. Backing should be polyester fiberfill enclosed in fiber/cotton/down ticking. Down cushion material accepted only if wrapped in down-proof ticking that is channeled.
- Fabric – Leather, performance fabrics & microfibers are recommended. Fabrics must be a minimum of 15,000 double rubs. Fabrics must be “W” or “SW” designation. Fabrics with “S” or “X” designation are strictly prohibited.
Case Goods: (Dresser, Nightstands, Media Chests, Console, Coffee Tables, End Tables, etc.)
- Wood Materials – Kiln-dried solids, kiln-dried layered hardwood, reinforced plywood, and veneers. Corner and wood blocked. Wood species must be of the highest quality and grade. Particle board, pressboard, flakeboard, are not permitted. Engineered wood (Furniture Quality MDF) is acceptable only as a substrate.
- Drawer Construction – Drawer boxes must have English or French dovetailed, lap, mortise & tenon, or dado joinery. Stained, finished, and sealed interiors that are “lingerie friendly.” Drawers can include dust panels.
- Drawer Glide System – Side mounted roller glides, ball bearing full extension, or center wood on wood glides. No particle board to be used on center glide system.
- Hardware – Heavy duty metals for durability.
- Glass Tops (Please check with your rental manager to ensure there are no additional requirements) – All wood or veneer night stands, end tables, and coffee tables must be covered with a ¼ thick tempered glass. Glass must have rounded corners and polished edges for safety. Note clear rubber pads are to be placed between glass and surfaces.
- Upholstered tables do not require glass for safety reasons
- No tables on casters
- Dressers are required in all bedrooms. Closet built-ins are acceptable with prior approval.
Dining: (Dining Tables, Chairs, and Barstools)
- Wood & Table Materials – Kiln-dried solids, kiln-dried layered hardwood and veneers. Corner and wood blocked. Wood species must be of the highest quality and grade. Particle board, pressboard, flakeboard, are not permitted. Engineered wood (Furniture Quality MDF) is acceptable only as a substrate.
- Chair / Barstool Construction – Chairs should have stretcher with corner blocking. Barstools preferred to have legs instead of a pedestal base for strength. Plastic or acrylic chairs are not acceptable.
- Chair / Barstool Seating System – It can be wood or upholstered seating.
- Cover / Fabric – Recommend vinyl, leather or upholstery fabric weight. Fabric must be a performance fabric. No 100% cotton fabric.
- Seating Requirement Minimum
- 4-5 bedrooms: 10 seats
- 6-9 bedrooms: 12 seats
- 10-13 bedrooms: 14 seats
- Frame must be PVC or aluminum
- Wicker must be polyethylene, high density polyethylene, PVC, or nylon. Natural rattan (Cane or round reed) is not permitted.
- Natural teak wood is acceptable
- Table & Chairs
- 4-6 bedrooms minimum of 4
- 8 plus bedrooms minimum of 6
- Lounge Chairs
- 4-8 bedrooms minimum of 2
- 10 plus bedrooms minimum of 2, but 4 preferred
Bedding: (Mattresses, Headboards, Linens, Coverings)
- Mattress – King and Queen innerspring mattresses should have pocketed coil technology. Minimum coil count over 1000 for king mattresses and 800 coil count for queen mattresses. Pillow top innerspring is preferred for king and queen beds. Equal or higher quality all-foam mattresses, such as Tempur-pedic or iComfort, are acceptable. Stain protector on all mattresses. Mattress, wooden/steel box spring, or foundation required. Platform beds may not require a box spring. Trundle beds with prior approval.
- Pillows– Pillows should be a minimum of 29 ounces. King and Queen sized beds need a minimum of 4 pillows.
- Headboard – Can be wood, synthetic fabric, bonded leather or leather. Fabric must be vinyl, polyester, or polyester blended performance fabric.
- Bedding – Sheets must have a minimum thread count of 250. Minimum 60% cotton. Recommended bedding includes a fitted mattress sheet, flat sheet and duvet with duvet cover. Color for shams, bolsters and decorative pillows are also recommended.
- Coverings – Breathable and waterproof mattress protectors are required on all mattresses. Pillow protectors are required on all pillows. Bed Bug encasements are required for all mattresses but not box springs.
Window Treatments: (Blinds, Draperies)
- Window Treatments
- All reachable windows must have 2” faux wood blinds with wood valance and curtains.
- All bedroom windows require lined drapery panels and must offer full coverage over windows in bedrooms. Blackouts are acceptable.
- Living room sliding glass doors should have full coverage privacy. If using drapery only, the drapery should be lined. Vertical blinds also acceptable for living room sliding glass doors with decorative drapery panels. Blinds or drapery must also be set with a minimum clearance of 1” off of the floor and maximum of 2”.
- Decorative panels with blinds are acceptable in all other rooms.
- Plantation shutters or roman shades are acceptable with prior approval.
- Cornices with drapery panels are acceptable with prior approval.
- Bathroom windows must have blinds.
- Roller shades and honeycomb blinds are not acceptable in windows.
Miscellaneous: (Televisions, Egress, Pictures, Placement)
- Televisions – Televisions must be wall mounted (in a professional manner) and should be wireless Smart LED televisions with a minimum resolution of 1080p. Must have a 55” or larger smart television in the living room, as well as the media room if applicable, and 40” smart televisions in all bedrooms. All set top boxes from CenturyLink are wireless and must be included in all bedrooms and living areas. Owner should sign off on location of televisions.
- Wall Art – All rooms should have at least one piece of quality art.
- Placement Requirements – Furniture must be placed to ensure that 36” clear mobility space is provided from beds to exit pathways and from bathrooms to exit pathways. Furniture cannot block the egress windows in any rooms.
- Themed Rooms – Themed rooms are acceptable with prior approval.
- Media and Game Rooms- Media room and game rooms should have same furniture requirements as outlined above.
- Garage Game Rooms
- Garages may be utilized for game rooms. Garage game rooms require ARC approval from HOA and must be approved prior to installation. Please reach out directly to attain the garage game room application.
- In addition to the above specifications, where the furniture is being purchased should also be included.
- These furniture specifications may be revised at any time without notice by Encore.
- Encore and RWRS are not liable for the upkeep or durability of furniture within any home.
- Maximum 2 beds per bedroom.
Housewares- Consult with your Rental Manager on brands of housewares. There are very specific brands for certain items. Quantities of 125% of occupancy are required for flatware, glassware, and any other kitchen smallwares. Please refer to Housewares tab.
RWRS will do an annual inspection walk thru of each home to verify the quality of furniture within the homes and produce a report. If recommendations are made to replace or enhance furniture at that point, the homeowner will have 30 days to rectify this or be placed on a rental hold.